Sunday, July 29, 2007

Skeleton Keys

I guess it stands to reason that if I’m drawn in by huge, old beautiful doors (see previous post) I would also love old, beautiful keys. Specifially: skeleton keys. Over the last few years I’ve collected skeleton keys of varying shapes and sizes; from rusty, huge iron keys to small, delicate and detailed silver keys. Again, there’s just something about that creepy cool element that draws me in. A sense of mystery, maybe...
Needless to say I’m always on the hunt for interesting additions, so last year when my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Mallorca and we found this beautiful old iron skeleton key, of course we had to bring it home with us. I put it in a little frame, backed with a page from a vintage book and it now has a new home hanging above our key rack by our back door. There’s no need to go to Mallorca for some gorgeous keys, though. Ebay is where I found lots of mine.

No comments: